Bridal Swan

Swan? Bridal Gown? why not!


A ball tulle bridal white and gold gown inspired by the movie titled, "The Swan lake."

In this illustration, I used acrylic, poster and watercolor in a black paper. 

I searched every stores in our area a black canvass paper that can be used with water. But can't find one. So, I used a black colored paper. It has a same effect with a bond paper if water is used all over the paper. As I want a black background for my art to totally emphasize the white princess-like gown, I took the challenged. However, I cannot let it happen to make it the paper unusable because of the water brushed all over. 

I started brushing the paper with water mixed with pearl white poster paint. I used a pearl white poster paint to create a dreamy, magical effect as a background to create an illusion of the night sky full of shinning stars. 

As it dries, I used Chinese white acrylic paint to create the gown in feathery effect/ stroke and in circular . And the bottom of the gown, I used a Reeves Gold Acrylic paint in flowy effect.

Let it dry and varnish it to preserve the painting.


Materials used: 

Black Colored Paper
Reeves Gold Acrylic Paint
Reeves Chinese White Acrylic Paint
Pentel Poster Pearl White
Paint Brush - Royal-Art Handmade Round Brush #9



Social Media Accounts:

Instagram: @diyanpol
Youtube: Jan-pol Pacol
Blog: handiefashionie.blogspot.com

Comments