Retro


I have been stuck into vintage, classic items and going retro comes to mind lately. Fashion pieces from the past years come and play by influencers and everyone who love trends. 

When we say retro, we think of disco, colorful pieces, playful prints which you should look young, having fun and more of a refreshment of what currently life is. 

Bright red, lemon yellow, sunset orange, mint blue, mint green, turquoise green, turquoise blue. 

Colors of my illustration.

Retro Illustration by @diyanpol
Retro Illustration by @diyanpol


Retro Illustration by @diyanpol

I am sitting on my desk, retro comes to mind. I get my Royal-Art Handmade Brush #9, Fabriano Watercolor Pad and Reeves Watercolor Paint. As I put my brush in the watercolor mixing it slowly in bright red paint, I want a circular motion in my illustration of retro as I imagine the 70s and 80s mixed fashion trend. Circular motion is the key to make it pop. As I go along, Rihanna's 2017 MET Gala in Comme des Garcons quickly pass by in my imaginative vision of the "Retro" I am making. So, I make extravagantly ball cocktail dress in retro perspective with modern touch.


Voila! My representation of Retro.


Materials used:

Fabriano Watercolor Pad
Reeves Watercolor
Royal-Art Handmade Brush #9

Social Media Accounts:

Instagram: @diyanpol
YouTube: Jan-pol Pacol
Pinterest: Handie Fashionie
Blog: handiefashionie.blogspot.com

Comments