Rodarte Spring/Summer 2019

Flowers. Crowns. Tulle. Pastel. Bold. Pop. Colors.

That is Rodarte Spring / Summer 2019 by Kate and Laura Mulleavy. The collection creates fashion fantasy, a daydream garden bride fairy. 

Butterflies everywhere. Full bloom flowers around. 

Below is my illustration one of Rodarte's Spring Summer 2019 Collection. It may look over the top but totally a dreamy special dress.


Firstly, I draw a masterpiece from one the Rodarte's collection using Colleen 3030 Pencil (HB) in Canson Watercolor Paper 9X12.

After, I do the skin. I brush it with Reeves Watercolor Lemon Yellow, then Reeves Watercolor Yellow Ochre, then Reeves Watercolor Brilliant Red. Blend and blend and mix. I top it with Reeves Watercolor Burnt Sienna. 


After, for the face, I line the eyes, nose holes and brows with Reeves Watercolor Ivory Black. Reeves Watercolor Brilliant Red for the lips. When it dry, use Reeves Watercolor Burnt Sienna to highlight the nose and the nose bridge. Also, mix Reeves Watercolor Sap Green, Phthalo Blue and Viridian Hue. Then, put it as eye shadows. (Accidentally put a dot that looks like a mole on her face.)

For the hair, I use Reeves Watercolor Yellow Ochre. Then, top it with Reeves Watercolor Burnt Sienna and Burnt Umber. 

For the Flower Crown, I use Pentel Poster Color in Pink in every petals of the roses. As it dry, top it with Reeves Watercolor Brilliant Red on the center. Then, mix Reeves Watercolor Brilliant Red and Pentel Poster Color in Pink to highlight the small details of the roses. 

I use Reeves Watercolor Lemon Yellow for the leaves and other white roses. For the Leaves, I top it with Reeves Watercolor Sap Green and Permanent Green Light. Let it dry. For the white roses. I top it with Pentel Poster Color in White. I brush it with Reeves Watercolor Permanent Green Light and Lemon Yellow to highlight details of the rose petals.

For the veil, I brush Pentel Postel Color in Pink. Then, I mix Reeves Watercolor Brilliant Red and Pentel Poster Color in Pink to highlight the details of the tulle baby pastel pink veil that is bold and 80s rock chic accessory.


I use Pentel Poster Color in Pink all over the dress. Then, mix Reeves Watercolor Brilliant Red and Pentel Poster Color in Pink to highlight and to darken the important details of the dress. When it dry, using a mixture of Pentel Poster Color in Pink and Reeves Watercolor Chinese White (Zinc) in creating smallest details of the dress and dots. Also, I mix Pentel Poster Color in Pink and Phthalo Blue to create a new color which is hot purple. It is for a highlight on the dress. Then, use Reeves Watercolor Violet for darker details. 


For the shoe, I use Pentel Poster Color in Pink all over the shoe. Then, top it with a mixture of Reeves Watercolor Phthalo Blue and Pentel Poster Color in Pink. Lastly, brush Reeves Watercolor Violet to highlight the details of the shoe.


Materials used:

Canson Watercolor Paper
Reeves Watercolor 
Royal-Art Handmade Brush (Round) #9
Pentel Poster Color in Pink 
Colleen 3030 Pencil (HB)


Social Media Accounts:

Instagram: @diyanpol
Pinterest: HandieFashionie
YouTube: Jan-pol Pacol
Blog: handiefashionie.blogspot.com


Shops:

Etsy: Handie Fashionie
miPIC: HandieFashionie

Comments