Marc Jacobs Spring/Summer 2019

Marc Jacobs. A brand we heard everywhere. A brand that promises to stay with us a very long time. A brand that speaks classy, chic and elegance. A brand that is always a talk of the town for its edgy, cool collections. 

The collection is a breath of fresh air. It never disappoint as it is on point and very consistent to make every women, any women to look good wearing one. It has a touch of couture that totally stand out, a very high class fashion but wearable. The retro feel of the collection is mid blowing. You can vibe the power, the strength of women when worn as the collection do not just show feminine side but the masculine side of every women like we-can-never-be-beaten-up and singing a Beyonce song, "Who Run The World."

I admit, it took me a day to what piece I am going to illustrate from the collection us every piece walking down the runway is a must have / worthy to illustrate. But I just need one. So, I chose the ever sunset vibe retro piece. 

Below is the illustration for Marc Jacobs Spring / Summer 2019 Ready-To-Wear Collection.


As what they say, you can never go wrong with Marc Jacobs. 

To create an illustration:

I draw the image using a pencil (Colleen 3030 - HB) from the collection. Then, I paint the skin of the model using Yellow Ochre (Reeves Watercolor). As it dry, I paint again the skin on top of it using Burnt Sienna (Reeves Watercolor). 


Next, I color the masterpiece with Lemon Yellow from Reeves Watercolor (as the piece is a mix of pink, red, yellow, orange). Then, I used Cadmium Yellow from Winsor and Newton Cotman Watercolor Palette and let it dry. After, mix Cadmium Yellow and Cadmium Red Pale Hue to create not so intense orange and paint it just where it needs. 

For the fur on the piece, I mix Cadmium Yellow and Yellow Ochre from Winsor and Newton Cotman Watercolor Palette. Then, I use Pink Pentel Poster Color. To intensify the fur, I paint some fur using China White (Winsor and Newton Cotman Watercolor Palette).


For the boots, I paint it first with Burnt Sienna (Winsor and Newton Cotman Watercolor Palette). As it dry, I use the Crimson Alizarin from Winsor and Newton Cotman Watercolor Palette. Then, I top it with Coliro Pearlcolors M021 Stardust to create that shining, shimmering effect on the boots.

For the earrings, I paint it with Crimson Alizarin from Winsor and Newton Cotman Watercolor Palette and line it with mix Cadmium Red Pale Hue and Burnt Sienna from the said palette. 


Indeed, Marc Jacobs ended New York Fashion Week again with a blast and captivating collection. 


Materials used:

Canson Watercolor Paper
Reeves Watercolor 
Winsor and Newton Watercolor Cotman Palette
Royal-Art Handmade Brush (Round)#12, #9
Coliro Pearlcolors M021 Stardust
Colleen 3030 Pencil (HB)
Pentel Poster - Pink


Social Media Accounts:

Instagram: @diyanpol
Pinterest: HandieFashionie
YouTube: Jan-pol Pacol
Blog: handiefashionie.blogspot.com


Shops:

Etsy: Handie Fashionie
miPIC: HandieFashionie

Comments